Increasing patients – Income calculator
Find out how much new patients could mean to your practice
and how to capture them.
The importance of new patients – The factors involved.
Here are the statistics and factors your medical practice faces:
1. 10% of your patients will naturally leave your practice every year.
Why – They move interstate or out of your local area. – Australian Bureau of Statistics.
2. A further 10% of patients leave your practice every year because of perceived poor service.
Why – They feel your services have not met their expectations. – Fairfield Consulting 2016.
3. On top of that another 10% of patients leave your practice because they don’t think you offer that particular service.
Why – Many medical practices simply think, “We have brochures in the waiting room. They should know that we offer that service; they don’t.
4. Increasing costs to run a healthcare practice.
Why – Smaller practices have higher per unit costs, whilst larger practice must attract more patients. – ANZ Melbourne Institute 2019.
5. Increasing competition amongst healthcare providers.
Why – Doctor numbers in Australia have increased by 8.9% since 2005 and alternative medicine and allied health providers are seen as an alternative medical care choices for potential patients. – ANZ Melbourne Institute 2019.
The most effective ways to attract more patients to your medical practice
The two best ways to increase patients are:
- Medical referrals from GP’s or specialists and word-of-mouth from your current patients.
- Your medical practice should have a large network of providers referring patients to your medical services.
2. Your website should be an exceptional source of patients finding out about your medical services
- 78% of adults use the internet to find out about health related information. – Australian Government 2019.
Why invest in your website
Here is why you should invest in your website:
- Your website is the one marketing tool that works for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 80% of adults use the internet to find a physician or treatment centre.
- Using a search engine such as Google, 62% of all people click on the the first 4 natural or organic search results:
- 31% of traffic clicks to the first position
- 14% of traffic clicks on the second position
- 10% of traffic clicks on the third position
- 7% of traffic clicks on the fourth position.
- 75% of people judge an organisation based on its website design.
Sources – Blue Corona “Google’s Ranking factors 2019″.
Your website should be achieving results:
Medical Website Creation by Medical Website Solutions
“Our strategic approach to website design and online marketing has delivered great results for the vast majority of medical practices!
If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me personally.”
David Douglas – Director at Medical Website Solutions
Medical Website Development – Testimonial and Guarantee
“Medical Website Solutions delivered an exceptional website for my fertility practice. Great online strategy and top rankings in Google searches delivers patients into my practice.”
Dr. Myran Ponnam-Palam – Visit www.myran.com.au